The common thing most people do when they see ants in their homes is to look for a solution to get rid of them when proactive preventive measures are much more effective. Here are some:
· Blocking entry points is the most effective and the most difficult. Since ants enter through miniscule openings, it’s nearly impossible to find them all, but make an effort to caulk the ones you find.
· Clean your house, especially the kitchen, as ants are attracted to foods.
· Always cover foods you don’t store in the refrigerator.
· Wash dishes or put them in the dishwasher after meals.
· Take the trash out every day.
· Don’t allow moisture to accumulate anywhere.
If you attempt do-it-yourself ant control, you’ll likely kill only the ants you see. Because the preferences of ants vary depending on the species, home remedies don’t consider that different kinds of ants require different treatments to be effective.
If you have a larger problem than your usual do-it-yourself product can resolve, you can rely on our expert pest controllers to clear it up.
DA Exterminating can solve your ant problem quickly and effectively because we offer effective methods targeted to specific species.
Please call us today at 800-650-PEST.