2. Clean furniture surfaces.
3. Sweep floors after meals (especially if you have small children).
4. Never leave dirty dishes in the sink.
5. Keep trash cans and bins far from your house.
6. Don’t allow moisture to build up on counters and other surfaces, as ants are attracted to water.
7. Trim trees and shrubs away from your house to prevent a superhighway for ants to access you home.
8. Remove logs and stumps as they can provide ant harborage.
9. Seal openings (wiring, plumbing) that allow access from the outside. Applying a bead of caulk or foam sealant is an efficient method of protection.
10. Keep gutters and downspouts free of leaves.
11. Store all food in covered glass or plastic containers with airtight lids.
12. Ants will often find food crumbs under refrigerators or stoves so clean these areas frequently.
13. Keep the trash can closed, clean, and emptied regularly.
Ant problems? Call DA Exterminating today at 800-650-PEST.