- Be messy. Never clean up spills and allow things to pile up on your counter.
- Allow water to stand in sinks and other containers throughout the house. Moisture is very important to roaches and they love moist areas. They can live longer without food than without water, so keeping things dry will hasten their demise.
- Don’t bother storing foods in plastic containers. Leave paper containers open so roaches can easily enter and have their feast. Plastic containers will keep them out!
- No need to empty your trash regularly. Cockroaches LOVE trash cans full of old, rotting food and other organic materials. Emptying trash cans regularly will deprive them of what they love most.
- Leave pet food out all the time to feed roaches who think they are pets! They’re attracted to pet foods and water and if you put pet food away, it leaves the poor things without easy access to nutrition.
- Let your house become as cluttered as you can stand it so roaches have a place to hide. Cockroaches release a pheromone in their droppings which signal to others they have found a safe place to live.
- Be sure to leave plenty of open cracks around windows and under doors where cockroaches can find easy access to your home. Sealing these up prevents them from getting in where it’s warm!
With tongue in cheek, we present these 7 ways to attract cockroaches into your home!