- CLEAN UP SPILLS. This is the number one way to prevent ants in your kitchen. If there’s nothing available for them to eat, they’ll look for somewhere else to live.
- If you’re eating outside, cover all food dishes.
- Sweep floors after each meal – especially if you have small children and no dog to pick up the crumbs!
- Wash dishes immediately after a meal and don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Empty trash cans daily.
- Search the outside of your home for small cracks through which ants could enter and seal openings with caulking.
- Clean Fido’s pet bowl daily!
- If you attempt do-it-yourself ant control, you’ll likely kill only the ants you see. Because the preferences of ants vary depending on the species, home remedies don’t consider that different kinds of ants require different treatments to be effective.
Call DA Exterminating at 800-650-PEST!