The number one way to keep roaches at bay is to STARVE THEM OUT!
12 Ways to Prevent Cockroaches
- Spills. Roaches depend more on moisture than they do food, so cleaning up spilled liquid in hard to reach places (like under refrigerators) is very important.
- Leaks. Repair any leaks under water heaters, sinks and washers to remove excess liquid.
- Unwashed dishes. Do not leave unwashed dishes and utensils out overnight. This is a virtual banquet to cockroaches.
- Kitchen trash. Empty the kitchen trash as often as possible.
- Dried foods. Store dried food (such as dog food, flour, cereal, breadcrumbs and other wheat-based foods, etc.) in sealed hard plastic containers.
- Dog food. Leftover dog food should be removed from the dog dish each day.
- Cans and Bottles. Rinse cans and bottles before putting in the recycling bin.
- Sweep or vacuum after meals, especially around areas where children eat and may drop food particles on the floor.
- Standing water. Don’t leave water standing in sinks or under potted plants.
- Microwaves & toasters. Clean crumbs from inside of the microwaves and toasters.
- Declutter. Dispose of cardboard boxes and newspaper as cockroaches love to harbor in them.
- CALL DA EXTERMINATING! 800-650-7378. We’ll take care of your roach problem, pronto!