Steps You Can Take
- Reduce clutter. Clutter serves as an ideal habitat for bed bugs whether at home, school or office. By reducing clutter in your workplace or school, you provide fewer places for the bed bugs to hide and fewer opportunities for them to hitchhike to your home.
- Keep your belongings stowed separately from those of other people. If there is a known problem with bed bugs in the office or school, consider storing your belongings in a plastic bin.
- Be vigilant in areas where bed bugs are most likely to be found, which include hotel rooms, storage areas (coat closets or cubbies), offices or lounges with upholstered furniture, or areas where people may rest.
- Multiple sightings in the same area could indicate an infestation or multiple reintroductions from someone’s home.
- Discourage panic and the stigma associated with bed bugs. These are counterproductive and can make treatment more difficult.
- Vacuum daily to pick up any stray bed bugs before they settle in.
If a bed bug is found call DA Exterminating right away at 800-650-PEST!