This is the time of year when spiders become more evident and troublesome so we’ve put together some helpful hints to prevent and eliminate these critters. (By the way, spiders are NOT true insects as they have 8 legs instead of 6 found on true insects.)
- Seal all cracks and crevices around windows, doors and other openings into your home. We can help identify entry points and provide an estimate to close the points.
- While outdoor lights will not attract spiders, they will attract other pests that can serve as appetizing food sources for spiders.
- Trim bushes and vegetation away from your home. Vegetation attracts spiders because it serves as an ample hiding spot. When spiders need to seek out warmth or new food sources, they crawl from the vegetation toward your home, getting in through cracks.
- Keep a clean house. Old newspapers and piles of dirty clothes make the ideal hiding place for spider species that thrive in darkness. Food crumbs will attract other pests like ants, which, in turn, will attract spiders.
- One of the simplest methods for getting rid of spiders is vacuuming up egg sacs and webs as you run across them.
The best way to prevent spiders is to sign up for our Total Home Protection Program!! Call today!
Want to learn more?
Call us at 800-650-PEST!