Mistake #1 – Not reading the label.
A man was spraying for wasps around his home. Within two hours, he developed the symptoms of pesticide poisoning and was rushed to the emergency room. The label specifically stated that all applications should be made from a distance, yet the man had been spraying from directly below the nests. Large amounts of the chemical were absorbed through his skin.
Mistake #2 – Not keeping chemicals stored safely.
Professional pest control experts are required to keep chemicals in secure locations. All pesticide labels instruct users to keep these products out of the reach of children.
Recently, a seven-year-old girl climbed onto the counter to get a can of air freshener that she saw on top of the refrigerator. She went to her room, closed the door and began to spray away. Her mom was startled to hear sounds of gasping coming from her child’s room. The mother immediately rushed the girl to the hospital. The aerosol was actually an insecticide with a flowery label.
Mistake #3 – Setting off bug bombs in the presence of a lit pilot light
In San Diego, the fog of insecticide from eighteen bug bombs was set off by a pilot light, this time blowing up an apartment in the City Heights neighborhood. Elsewhere in southern California, another pilot light ignited the fumes from three bug bombs set off in a Los Angeles apartment, blowing out windows and splintering kitchen cabinets.
Also a woman suffered second-degree burns to her legs from the heat of a blast resulting from the ignition of thirty bug bombs she set off in her home. That explosion shattered windows and lifted the dwelling's roof three inches.
So what’s the answer? You guessed it. CALL DA EXTERMINATING at 800-650-PEST today and you won’t have problems like these!