- Run a fan (or two) on your deck or patio. Moving air deflects mosquitoes and other flying insects.
- Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn, so if you are planning a barbeque before sunset, have plenty of insect repellant containing an EPA-registered active ingredient like DEET or Picaridin available for you and your guests. Adorning your deck or patio with citronella candles can help minimize mosquitoes in the area, and wearing long sleeves or pants can avoid bites.
- Keep all food and beverages in sealed coolers and containers.
- Keep garbage containers sealed and away from guests.
- Clean trash, spills and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces.
CALL DA EXTERMINATING FOR A MOSQUITO TREATMENT BEFORE YOUR NEXT PARTY. 800-650-PEST!
It’s getting to be that time of the year when our thoughts turn to enjoying the backyard with friends, barbecuing, games and summertime fun! But what you planned to be an enjoyable experience can turn out to be just the opposite because of insects competing for your food and drink! Here are five tips for having a successful backyard party free of annoying insects.