Follow these few tips to greatly reduce the chance of seeing cockroaches in your home.
- Sanitation. Keep your house clean, especially the kitchen and bathroom where cockroaches can find plenty of food and water.
- When a spill occurs, wipe it up immediately. Don’t let it become dry cockroach food!
- Keep kitchen trash cans emptied regularly. Full wastebaskets are an open invitation to dinner for hungry cockroaches. Using a plastic liner in wastebaskets will help keep food debris from gathering in the bottom of the receptacle.
- Put away all foods and seal perishable foods in plastic containers.
- Discard magazines and newspapers after reading them. Store paper grocery bags outside as roaches can hitchhike into your kitchen in grocery bags.
- Seal cracks and crevices around windows and doors to prevent roaches from entering your home. Be careful to seal openings around utility pipes to prevent roach (and rodent) entry.