They’ve been around a L O N G time (estimated 70 million years) and every indication promises they’ll be around long after we’re all gone! Cockroaches. . .they cause screams, repulse even the most unassuming individual, infest any structure they enter and reproduce at rates that will amaze the most astute scientist! They are tenacious, will eat nearly anything, love the warmth, food and shelter of your home and run for the cracks and crevices when the light turns on.
If you’ve encountered these disgusting creatures, then you know that what we say is true. Let’s take a look at how the roach can actually harm your health (and happiness).
- Asthma. The incidence of asthma attack may increase if your house is infested with cockroaches. Their allergens can cause severe complications and can even be life-threatening. And people who are not asthmatic may develop cockroach asthma by inhaling cockroach allergens.
- Food contamination. A study found that the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa can multiply extensively in the cockroach’s gut, causing diseases like urinary tract infections, digestive problems and sepsis.
- Invasion of body parts. (OK, we agree that this is truly DISGUSTING!) Cockroaches can not only invade your home but also your body parts. There are several cases of cockroaches entering a person’s ear and nose while sleeping.
- Food poisoning. The insect is also a home for the bacterium Salmonella which can cause typhoid and food poisoning.
- Allergies. The cockroach’s saliva secretion and body parts contain hundreds of allergens that can trigger an undesirable reaction. You may suffer from skin rashes, sneezing and watery eyes.
So these five reasons are enough to make even the most tolerant individual pick up the phone and call DA Exterminating for our cockroach control services. 800-650-PEST. Call today!