- Most spiders are more afraid of us that we are of them, and it’s important to remember that spiders do not seek out humans for a blood meal like some insects do. By the way, spiders are NOT insects. Insects have six legs while spiders have eight.
- Because spiders love dark places, do not put your feet or hands into any dark areas. NOTE: Spiders have been known to infest shoes – so watch out when you slip on those loafers!
- If a child is bitten, call 911 to be safe. Though the venom in most spiders is in very small amounts, it is still a good idea to seek medical help.
- Know what the two most poisonous spiders look like! (See Blog post of October 4.)
- If you have been bitten by a spider, apply a cold compress and call for medical help. Note that the venom of poisonous spiders acts quickly but remain calm and seek help.
If a spider bites, it’s probably because it feels If you have a spider problem, call DA Exterminating today! 800-650-PEST!
If you have a spider problem, call DA Exterminating today! 800-650-PEST!